Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July!
Here at Modernshopgirl we are loving all the easy bohemian fashions inspired by Coachella. Cut off shorts, hippie accessories, rock star tees and gladiator sandals; we adore it all! For those of you who didn’t score those coveted tickets, we put together a little list of what to wear whether you are going to “carpoolchella” to Indio or just rocking out at home.
- Tie your hair back! Keep comfy and cool with Natural Life’s bracelet/hair tie with inspirational words. Be Happy. Believe. Peace.
- Free People’s festival tunic is a must have for any Coachella inspired outfit. Wear it over a swimsuit or pair with Lucky Brand’s Riley cut off short.
- Trek around in these gilded gladiator sandals by Gomex, just $39!
- It is hot in the Coachella Valley! Keep the sun off your face in Michael Stars straw fedora.
- Grab a Joia Navajo printed scarf for a nomadic inspired look.
- No bohemian look is complete without layer jewelry. Build your own necklace with Nashelle’s initial & jewel charms. Add Dogeared’s 3 ring long Karma necklace and a Chan Luu Turquoise wrap bracelet and you are set.
- Sleeveless band tees are essential! Our fav is Chaser’s Slayer over-sized tank.
- Finally, snatch up Natural Life’s hemp cross body bag with a earth-centered sustainable message.
Super Bowl Sunday is upon us! Whether you are a die-hard fan, just in it for the food, or live for the halftime show (Madonna!) the Super Bowl is a national holiday for most of America. Are you ready for this Sunday? Just because it tends to be a “man’s version of the Academy Awards” doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it and look good while doing it! Here at Modernshopgirl, we’ve come up with a few Super Bowl Sunday suggestions to keep you comfy, cute and ready for some FOOTBALL!
Even if your team is not playing, it’s easy to be a fan without looking like a fanatic. Michael Stars 3/4 Sleeve Dolman in blue, Hudson Beth Cropped in white, Michael Stars Short Sleeve Dolman in Red
If you are hosting, it doesn’t mean you just have to cater to the men (beer & pizza)! Present something the ladies will enjoy too! For the best ideas check out Hostess with the Mostess.
Make sure you don’t miss Madonna’s halftime show! She will be debuting her new single and singing a few of her hits with some special guests! Word on the street is it’s LMFAO.
Finally, stick around for the commercials. This year they promise to be celebrity packed: David Beckham, Matthew Broderick, Adrianna Lima and Donald Trump just to name a few!